Accura Accountants a North West London Accountancy Firm are looking for a bookkeeper who will be working on a range of client sectors including restaurants, IT, construction, solicitors, TV and entertainment in a team of three or four.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous bookkeeping experience gained within an accountancy practice and the ability to undertake both simple and more complex bookkeeping tasks
- Have the ability to prepare management accounts for companies and other entities and handle more complex accounting matters
- Have the ability to understand documents and data and write clear letters and emails
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Be organised and methodical
- Be client focused
- Have the ability to work under own initiative
- Be experienced in excel
- Be experienced in Sage, Xero, Quickbooks and other accounting software
- The ability to prioritise work and to work to strict timescales where required
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good commercial acumen and dedication to building a strong firm
- Excellent client handling skills and able to deal with variety of clients/personalities
Overseeing a portfolio of clients and businesses, responsible for organising client records and completing effective and accurate bookkeeping, preparation of VAT and management accounts (on occasion)
- Undertake bookkeeping for a variety of clients; inputting data as required, maintain the sales ledger and cash book, but in some cases the purchase ledger as well, and liaising with client where necessary.
- Travelling to and working from client site if required
- Meet deadlines and time budgets.
- Advise practice directors of any outstanding issues and reporting to Rebecca Boorman, who will undertake a review of the VAT returns.
- Dealing with intricate and complex VAT related queries requested either by clients or consultants (particularly complex queries related to the construction industry) including own research and making use of our external VAT advisor.
- Preparation of a number of VAT returns and overseeing the rest of the VAT returns by the team on a monthly basis.
- Training of team dependant on current level of experience, currently overseeing 2.5 staff members, 2 experienced and one junior.
- Proof-reading or assisting emails sent to clients, where a staff is not confident on how to approach the client
- Keeping up to date with changes in VAT, and being able to coherently cascade information relating to the changes to the VAT department
- Liaising with HMRC including, managing the preparation of VAT registrations and VAT de-registration, change of addresses, instalment plans, dealing with compliance checks.
- Carry out discussions with clients and/or consultants to assist them to decide if Xero or Sage package is better suited to them to maximise efficiencies
- Advice and training clients on their software either in person or via call
- Assisting clients with setting up bank feeds if consent is given
- Maintaining a record of VAT returns and ensuring all returns are filed on time, and relevant invoices raised.
- Updating the VAT schedule when clients join or leave the firm; as well as updating the schedule for every new VAT period.
- Producing and assisting staff to produce account packs, ensuring that bank, creditors, debtors and VAT accounts are reconciled, and providing training/ help to accounts department when bookkeeping issues arise.
- Posting year-end journals, carrying out year-end Sage shutdowns
- Liaise with other departments such as Payroll
To apply for this vacancy, please send a covering letter or email and a current CV to