An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our busy and expanding team, we have experienced a period of growth and as such are looking for an Audit and Accounts Senior Successful candidates must have previous experience in a similar level role.
Due to continuous growth we are currently recruiting for an experienced and professionally qualified Audit and Accounts Senior who possesses strong auditing and technical skills to join our team.
The role will primarily be accounts; but will also involve tax and other assignments. This position is a full time, permanent role with a mix between audit and accounts.
This firm is very passionate about the development of their staff and there is huge potential for future career progression. Benefits include 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays). You will receive an extra day’s holiday (prorated) for each complete year of continuous service, up to 5 years (giving a maximum of 25 days). Normal working hours are 9.30 – 17.30.
The ideal candidate will be:
• Be ACA / ACCA Qualified or equivalent.
• Have excellent communication and commercial skills.
• Have experience in leading audits and experience of auditing groups of companies, regulated clients and be able to identify Audit risks.
• Have relevant technical experience preferably with at least two years post qualification practice experience and competence.
• Understanding and work knowledge of computer packages Iris Accounts production, Iris Business tax, sage accounting packages and Microsoft Office would be desirable.
• Excellent time management and organisational skills and be able to prioritise their time and meet deadlines.
• Possess strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills – being able to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients
• Have experience of supervising and training of junior members of staff will be useful.
• They should be ambitious and self motivated with the desire to develop their career.
• Experience in producing management accounts, VAT returns, corporation tax computations and self-assessment tax returns.
The main purpose of the role is to support the firm’s work to ensure that all designated clients receive a first class service, and to develop good working relationships with existing and new potential clients. Working closely alongside the manager you will be responsible for the following duties:
• Responsible for completing Financial Reporting assignments for larger accounts jobs, preparing financial statements for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies .
• Preparation of draft business tax computations.
• Liaising with client managers as well as working directly with clients, working directly with and under the tutelage of experienced professional partners.
• Planning and completing a diverse range of assignments.
• Audit Senior reporting to Audit Managers and supervising more junior members of the audit team and accounts staff. Reviewing and managing the work done by a small team of Audit juniors, concluding findings before review by the Audit partner.
Leading, planning and completing Statutory Audits from inception to completion to a high standard.
• Carrying out audits, including specialist audits, pensions, solicitors and charities. Jobs to be completed with minimal supervision, to deadlines and within budget.
• Working within client offices for prolonged periods to complete Audit files, ensuring all required information is available.
To apply for this vacancy, please send a covering letter or email and a current CV to